Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Should there be virtual drinks in the tavern?

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 11:35pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I dunno bout you but whenever I hear the word tavern I think of lord of the rings and drinks, do you think it would be a nice funny thing they could add or do you think i'm insane?

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 11:42pm

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

2,196 posts

Lord of the Rings?

....each to his own I suppose.

Question: What would 'virtual drinks' accomplish other then show the many youngsters around here that "drinking is cool"?

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 11:45pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I guess so but it just feels incomplete without drinks and maybe it dosen't have to be alchoholic and you can mix your own drinks and stuff.

Lord of the Rings?
....each to his own I suppose.

It was the first time I heard and learned the word so it stuck with me.

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 11:47pm

DeadlyVelociraptor

DeadlyVelociraptor

421 posts

Beer and vodka for all! Everybody take a pint!

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 11:50pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

It's a PG-13 site, I doubt anything of the sort is going to happen. Also, Blaze is right, we teens don't need anymore encouragement that drinking is cool.

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 11:52pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,090 posts

ArmorGames has to remain family-friendly and pg-13, which excludes drinking and alcohol. Anyone can view The Tavern, not just those registered. And yes, GangstaBlaze is correct--there are very impressionable kiddos here/not here.

On that note, you might find me concocting some Koolaid in the back if you catch me at the right time. I'm currently in the process of making a coconut kiwi drink.

Posted Jan 22, '11 at 11:55pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I'm currently in the process of making a coconut kiwi drink.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds tasty, but wouldn't you also like to drink that on the AG site tooooooo? I forgot that unregistered people could veiw the forums too but what if it dosen't show up for non-members?

Posted Jan 23, '11 at 12:09am

Wavecrest

Wavecrest

75 posts

AG already promotes gun violence (Sierra 7), suicide (Evey day the same dream), brutally beating up people (Sonny series) and other things that parents would shudder to think about. Virtual drinks shouldn't hurt. It is like putting a straw on a camel that is already dead.

Posted Jan 23, '11 at 12:30am

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

2,196 posts

I guess so but it just feels incomplete without drinks and maybe it doesn't have to be alcoholic and you can mix your own drinks and stuff.

Yes... but again, what would be the overall purpose of this?

- What would it do?
- Why would one want to do it?
- Would it take up space?
- How would it work?
- Is it needed?

These are questions that I have about this whole thing.

AG already promotes gun violence (Sierra 7), suicide (Evey day the same dream), brutally beating up people (Sonny series) and other things that parents would shudder to think about. Virtual drinks shouldn't hurt. It is like putting a straw on a camel that is already dead.

The difference being that those are flash-games. Armor Games is only a host, to Games, which is the whole point of this site. However, nowhere does AG promote death and destruction.

Now, drinking on the other hand, if the site were to actively push that... then we'd have a problem, and you'd see your page on CNN. (lol)

Posted Jan 23, '11 at 12:38am

Einfach

Einfach

1,433 posts

Hmm...why the word "virtual"

Also, Kongregate has much more lenient policies regarding profanity than AG.  Check their Off-Topic section if you wish to be enlightened.

Reply to Should there be virtual drinks in the tavern?

You must be logged in to post a reply!